WORKSHOP | Digital Background Design with Patrick O’Keefe
GradesAges 16 & up
Date & Time
Sun, Dec 2 | 10:30am–12:30pm, 2018
Cost$50 youth members | $60 adult members | $65 youth non-members | $75 adult non-members
In 1939, Walt Disney began production on the animated feature Bambi (1942) and enlisted artist Tyrus Wong to inspire the influential backgrounds used in the film. His minimalist style, specifically in his background concepts, revolutionized the animation art form and continues to be used today. Join visual story artist Patrick O’Keefe, whose work includes the upcoming Sony Pictures Animation film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, as you learn about photo reference, graphic reduction, and simplification to design a digital background of your own.
Advance tickets for all membership levels
Tickets for October through December programs will be available as follows:
- Walt’s Circle Donors: Purchase tickets beginning Friday, August 3 at noon by calling 415.345.6829 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corporate Members: Purchase tickets beginning Friday, August 3 at noon by calling 415.345.6815 or by emailing email@example.com
- Supporter and Friend-level members: Purchase tickets beginning Tuesday, August 7 at noon, by calling 415.345.6829 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- All member levels: Purchase tickets online or at the ticket desk beginning Friday, August 10 at noon
- Public (non-members): Remaining tickets available online or at the ticket desk beginning Wednesday, August 15 at noon
To receive priority access to purchase tickets, you may upgrade your membership. Membership dues and Walt's Circle donations may be paid as monthly installments or as a one-time annual payment. For more information, please call the membership department at 415.345.6810.
Schedule subject to change. Please check calendar or ticket desk on the day of your visit for most current schedule.